About Us

M.Broodryk Attorneys & Conveyancers is an all-female law firm based in Somerset West in the Western Cape. The founder of the firm is Marlene Broodryk. Tuanette Juby, a practicing attorney and conveyancer, recently joined the firm as did Louise du Preez, who fulfils a supporting role at the firm.

Meet the Team

We strive to uphold the following values: Accountable, Efficient, Innovative, Professional, Ethical, Reliable, Trusted



– Property Law & Conveyancing –

Tuanette graduated with a BA-degree from the University of Stellenbosch in 2007 and obtained her post-graduate LLB-degree from the same institution in 2010. She is an admitted attorney and conveyancer, specialising in property law and conveyancing.



– Founder & CEO –

Marlene obtained her LLB degree at the University of Stellenbosch in 2010. Thereafter she obtained an LLM degree, specialising in Labour Law, from the same institution in 2011. Marlene was subsequently admitted as an attorney and conveyancer of the High Court of South Africa. After being admitted as an attorney & conveyancer, Marlene was of the view that she would be better placed to provide a personalised service by starting her own law firm. Marlene consequently founded M.Broodryk Attorneys & Conveyancers in 2014.



– Administrative Support –

Louise has over 15 years’ experience in the provision of professional support and administration. She also possesses extensive knowledge of the property industry by virtue of her experience as a Principal at Malouette Properties CC, which she occupied for a number of years.

Our Services

Our firm offers a comprehensive range of legal services to clients. The firm’s practice areas include:

Civil Litigation

Settling disputes between parties - we cover cases involving the Supreme Courts, Regional Court and Magistrate’s Court.

Commercial contracts

Drafting and vetting of commercial contracts and providing contractual advice.

Divorce and maintenance

Handling marriage separation and terms thereof with care, respect and confidentiality.

Labour law

Providing employment-related advice to employers and employees in labour matters.

Property transfers

Ensuring that your property transactions and bond registrations are handled fairly, legally and efficiently.

Estates, Trusts & Wills

Drafting of wills, administration of estates and trust formation.

Sales & Lease Agreements

Drafting and vetting of sale and lease agreements and providing contractual advice in relation thereto.

Frequently Asked Questions

You should appoint an attorney who specializes in family law to assist you with the matter.

If you can’t afford to pay an attorney’s fees, please visit your local Magistrate’s court and ask for the maintenance officer, who should be able to assist you. Take with you a certified copy of your identity document and a certified copy of each child’s birth certificate (if any), together with your most recent three months’ bank statements.

You should appoint an attorney who specializes in family law to assist you with the matter. The action will commence with the issuing of a summons which will be served on your spouse by the sheriff.

If you can’t afford to pay an attorney’s fees, please visit the registrar or assistant-registrar at the nearest Regional Court with the following documentation:

  1. Certified copy of your identity document;
  2. Original / certified copy of your marriage certificate;
  3. Original / certified copy of you antenuptial agreement; and
  4. Certified copy of each of your minor children’s birth certificates (if any).
You are entitled to refer the matter to the CCMA (Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration). Visit the CCMA’s website at http://www.ccma.org.za/ to download the relevant form (LRA Form 7.11). Legal representation is only permitted in certain circumstances – the general rule is that legal representatives are not empowered to provide legal representation at the CCMA.

You will be liable for transfer costs which will include the following:

  • Transfer fee;
  • Transfer duty;
  • Deeds Office fees;
  • Administrative costs such as postage and petties, FICA identification fee etc.; and
  • Bond registration costs (if applicable).

The transfer attorney and bond registration attorney (if applicable) will provide you with a pro forma statement of account, confirming the costs that you are liable for.

No, you have the option to institute legal action in the Small Claims Court. All monetary claims below the R15 000.00 threshold may be instituted in the Small Claims Court. Visit the Magistrate’s court in the jurisdiction that the agreement was concluded, where the defendant resides, or where the defendant conducts business and ask for the clerk of the Small Claims Court. He/she will guide you through the process or advise you if the matter does not fall within the court’s jurisdiction.

Contact Us